- 15 strawberries
- 2 peaches
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 bottle white wine, chilled
- ¾ cup rum
- Extra strawberries and peaches, sliced
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine or champagne, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Discard the green tops of the strawberries and slice the peaches.
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in water, then add the strawberries and peaches.
- Bring to a rolling boil and reduce to medium heat. Boil for approximately 15 minutes, or until the strawberries become pale and the peaches are soft.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until cooled. Discard boiled fruit.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, sliced fruit, white wine, and rum.
- Scoop fruit into glasses with ice, pour sangria, and top with sparkling wine.